Pathfinders: It's More Than a Club,
It's a Ministry!
In the Pathfinder Bible (NKJV) Acts 2:17-18 it states,
“And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.”
If we are indeed living in the “last days” as the Bible indicates, how are we mobilizing our Youth to take God’s word and the Holy Spirit’s presence to our world? Where are the menservants and maidservants that are enabling our sons and daughters to speak out for God? Who’s creating opportunities for our youth to be bold for Jesus? Who’s modeling Spirit-inspired holy boldness for them?
- It’s happening within our Sabbath Schools – Praise the Lord!
- It’s happening within our Adventist Schools – Praise the Lord!
- And it’s happening through our Pathfinder Clubs – Praise the Lord!
Pathfinder ministry is very alive and well, and growing in our Oregon Conference, our North Pacific Union, and throughout the world. In Oregon we currently have 40 active clubs with over 600 Pathfinders and 300 Staff. At the International Pathfinder Camporee in Oshkosh, WI last summer there were only over 34,000 Pathfinders in attendance – just a small portion of the more than 2,000,000 worldwide. There are continually more and more adults catching the vision of Pathfinder ministry and sensing God’s call to be leaders in empowering our youth to be bold for Jesus and to finish His work in these “last days!
Oregon Pathfinders are continually involved in Share-Your-Faith activities such as:
- Teens going door-to-door distributing Discover Bible Study cards
- Mission trips to Warm Springs Indian Reservations and to an orphanage in Mexico
- Involvement in evangelistic meetings such as Check Him Out meetings with Jose Rojas in Eugene
- Leading and speaking for Pathfinder Sabbaths in churches around the conference
- Sending care boxes to missions around the world and to our military personnel
- Preparing and distributing food boxes and gift baskets for those in need
And the list goes on and on and on …
Pathfinder ministry and the adult mentoring that intentionally happens on a weekly basis has never been more relevant than today. Pathfindering will continue to be one of our most ongoing influential ministries to and through our youth. Many adults continue to sense the Holy Spirit’s call to enable our sons and daughters to speak under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
“Oh, we are the Pathfinders strong. The servants of God are we. Faithful as we march along in kindness truth and purity. A message to tell to the world. A truth that will set us free. King Jesus the Savior’s coming back for you and me!” (Pathfinder Song by Henry T. Bergh, 1962)
If your church does not have a Pathfinder ministry, continue to pray for one. God is calling and empowering His children to be bolder for Him than they have ever been before, and He may be calling you to take the message of our soon-coming Savior to your community – Pathfinder style!